Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Memory Box Stitched Squares #1

I recently purchased the Memory Box Stitched Squares and Stitched Circle dies...ok, just have to say...these dies are SO...MUCH...FUN!!  There are literally endless combinations and variations of things you can do with them!  The title of this post is part of my way of listing the many different ways I can use this die, so...here we go with #1...
The dies on the packaging, show the dies kind of how I have them on this card, but the VERY cool thing is...the dies are ALL INDIVIDUAL..they ARE NOT CONNECTED!!  The packaging is a bit misleading, but how cool for us!!  I had thought of a bunch of ways I could have used them being connected, thus why I purchased the die, but even better that they aren't!!
I die cut and layered the outside squares, filled with a single layer of an embossed pattern(using texture plates) using one of  the cut out from each of the colored squares, added a sentiment to the card, then layered the squares on top of each other.  I DID hand cut a full piece of each color for the back of each square, cutting around each square frame as a pattern,  to adhere the layered sqares and the patterned piece onto the same solid piece for adhering onto the card more easily.  Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Lisa. Another design that would be perfect for a guy. Even the colors you chose are good colors for a masculine design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lisa. How cool that they aren't connected, even more versatile. I love your card and the colours are great for a masculine card for sure. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa