Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Old Border Dies with New Sentiment Dies

I didn't realize when I made these cards I'm sharing with you, that the Simon Says Stamp border dies are no longer available...so sorry, I seem to live in my own little world sometimes!!  But... I thought that many of you may have these border dies, and it's always fun to play with old dies...and then I've combined them with newer sentiment dies that ARE still available...and RAINBOWS, paper and paint!!...
  I used eight different strips of paper, much longer than the panel, so when they get bent, you pull them through until the bent, scraggly ends are no longer part of the weave.  I die cut the Simon Painted Thanks die and layered.  Here's a close up...

The second card uses the Simon Air Vent die with paint chips...
 One cool thing I realized with this Simon Thinking of You die from the Handlettered Greetings die set...the dots for the "i's" are super tiny.  SOOOO ... so I had a thought...I used my white Enamel Accents and dotted the "i's" with that!  I worked perfectly...Ok, the first one is a little larger, but if you practice a bit, you'll figure out how to make the dots small...I pressed down too hard for the first "i", but I wanted you to see them both..but...a cool idea rather than the tiny paper pieces that dot those "i's".  Layered the sentiment and filled the vents in with different colored paint chips...
Ok..so much fun...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty. I am new to card making and never heard of using paint chips on cards. Are you referring to the papers that show the paint colors? I also noticed you use panels quite a bit on your cards. I love the look. Is that cut card stock popped up? Your cards are always very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such clever ideas! Love the rainbow slashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra! Welcome to the fun world of card making! Yes, paint chips are those things you get at the harware stores to figure out what color you want to paint a room, door, house...fun to use as the colors are ENDLESS..and they are free...I know...I've asked countless times to pay for them, but I don't abuse the privilege taking TOO many:)...and I just painted my front door...so I DO ocassionally buy paint:)! And yes, the cut panels are popped up with 3D dots or squares(EK Success). When you die cut through a panel, it's pretty hard to make that panel the card, as the inside would be kind of messy looking...so I pop them up over a card for affect and for aesthics. Hope this all makes sense...happy crafting:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisa for the way you generously share your work and the tips behind your lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always so creative. I love them! Your idea of using enamel accents is brilliant. I like it when you use old products - because most of us have them in our stash and are always looking for new ways to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea for the dots over the i's. I have been going crazy! I'll have to your recommend!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa