Sunday, July 17, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch 181...Happy Birthday in Gold

I've made a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!  Here's my card and the sketch...

I used a bunch of the stamps from the Simon Says Stamp Wild Beauty stamp set to make an inset panel of gold bordered flowers for the sketch.  I put all the stamps on one large acrylic block and stamped them all together with versamark on vellum.   I then embossed them with gold and colored the back side of the flowers with markers.  Here's a little tip...I wasn't really happy with the exact positioning of the sentiment, so I opted to put a small gold dot on each side of the sentiment to give it the "appearance" of being farther over...saved having to redo!  THEN, I used that same gold pen...hey, I was on a roll...I dotted around the flowers and leaves...it made it look a little cooler and fuller:)!!  Here's a close up...
Such fun...thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
**EDITED**
Thank you so much ladies for the wonderful recognition in choosing my card as the Winner of the challenge this week...so honored and thrilled...wow...how sweet!!


35 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just gorgeous!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is absolutely stunning Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card! What material did you stamp on? Is it like a vellum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mary Jane...I stamped the flowers on vellum...I am going to add that to my post, thank you!! Lisa

      Delete
  5. Once again, your cards are always the 'show-stopper '. You have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Lisa the little mixed flowers look brilliant gold embossed and coloured on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Lisa! You really captured the gold embossing perfectly with your camera, too. Love those little dots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea, and I love the design and colors. Just askin tho- is there an inside sentiment or an inside to this card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeanne...nope...the inside is blank...:)

      Delete
  9. Wow, how beautiful! I love your take on the sketch this week Lisa!
    Thanks for adding this beauty to our gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely, it reminds me of Jacobean and Elizabethan embroidery. Your work is always so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Lisa, you are so generous with your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa this is a master-class card! Just such a beautiful way to create the panel of our sketch!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.... just beautiful! Amazing colors/detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, Lisa! I love how you saved the sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the soft, airy look of the gold embossed images on vellum. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous, and now a winner at CTS! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors you combined for the images are beautiful. And, wow, the gold embossed outlines just make the card more elegant. No surprise you won a contest with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card! You did a great job with this card. The gold embossing is so beautiful. What kind of gold pen did you use for the dots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene! The gold pen is a Pen-Touch extra fine point...😊

      Delete
  21. Did you stitch the flower section to the two white sections? Not sure how you attached it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice! I adhered the ends of the flower section to the actual card with adhesive. Then I popped the two stitched white panels over the flowers, using pop up dots. Hope that makes sense:)!

      Delete
  22. Had to pin this fabulous card--so love it! Congrats on a well-deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely!! Love your gold embossed flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really, really gorgeous. Love the colors and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing love it

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, love the embossing and coloring!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa