Friday, April 8, 2016

Fat Quarters and Painted Sentiment Dies

I saw some Fat Quarters...quarter-yard cuts of fabric cut wide (hence the name fat), typically used for quilting...at WalMart the other day, and their designs were so cute... I KNEW I had to have them to make cards with.  Here's my first card, and then a pic of the Quarters...
The 3 bowed packages come with 5 different patterned fabrics.  What Fun!!  I also bought some spray glue...abplastic bottle with a squirt sprayer..E6000...I found that at Walmart, as well.  
I sprayed the cardstock with the adhesive , then applied the cut piece of fabric.  I sprayed the back of the cardstock and adhered the ends.  I then sprayed another piece of card sized cardstock with the adhesive and adhered the fabric panel onto the paper.  THAT whole piece went onto a card...I used a tombow runner to adhere to card.  The "thanks" is a painted sentiment from Simon Says Stamp that I layered and applied glossy accents on.  Here's a close up...
Had so much fun with the first one, the second simply uses another fabric, the same "thanks" and some black twine ...

The third one, yet another of the fabric quarters coupled with another Simon painted sentiment and  this time, a Hero Arts flower die...
 No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you...my lines are a little crooked, as they might have been pulled a tad too much...but that's what makes it homemade, right...or you might call it whimsy?!  I layered the Hero Arts Mum dies along with the "hugs"...
I have been having fun with my dies and paper, of late...this time, fabric instead of paper...but love how simple AND fun it can be to create with just a couple things and make some cool cards!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. I really like the last one. Thanks for the fun idea - I have a ton of fat quarters stashed away somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, these are wonderful cards! I love your fabric panels, they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and I love that you used fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW neat idea, using fabric. Love your cards! Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Lisa... those patterns are just gorgeous too... need to look out my fat quarters too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! You always come up with the best ideas! I pin your cards so often, so I can look back at your great ideas... Thanks for spurring me on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using fabric on cards - I save all my fabric scraps, too! These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa