Monday, October 20, 2014

Christmas AND Birthday Gifts!

I used the new Simon Brilliant Gifts die for a couple "brilliant silver lined" cards!!  The die is designed with two more gift boxes, one on either side, but I opted to cut them off, to make the die a little shorter in length...I LOVE how the package bows hang off of either side of the boxes and I just think it fits a standard card a bit better:)!...
 I used shiny silver paper, layered with white underneath, and patterned and metallic paper to fill the packages.  I added a Christmas sentiment from last year's Simon collection...
THEN...I thought...HEY, this die could fit more than just Christmas...what about a BIRTHDAY??...
 For this card, I layered with shiny silver like the first, but used RAINBOW colored paint chips for the centers of the presents.  I also used a Simon sentiment...
Oh, my, these pretty gifts make me happy!!  What FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. I just got this die but haven't used it yet. Your cards are SO much fun!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought this die would do double duty. Love your bright cheerful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards - you're right, the die does look better with the ends cut off. Love the look of the swirly ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIsa, BOTH cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards -- I especially like the color palette of the birthday one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I think I need this die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally loving these cards that is a lovely die

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cards - had to look up that die - it has got to make it into my craft room somehow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unbelievably awesome Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cards! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm playing catch-up with my blog emails. Saw this and just HAD to comment! WOW! These look awesome! I love all the different sized packages and the various ways you paper-pieced them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa, love these cards. When you use the shiny cardstock for intricate die cuts like this one, how do you adhere them? Everything I have tried inadvertently gets on the foil & makes a messy spot on it which is very hard to clean off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I received my first ever SSS order yesterday...I ordered the Brilliant Gifts die after being inspired by your cards...I live in Scotland so I was especially excited when my package arrived from America!
    Thanks for ALL the inspiration Lisa :) x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa