Saturday, September 20, 2014

Happy Halloween

The Simon Says Stamp Trick or Treat stamp set and the Halloween die set are SO STINKIN' CUTE...the spiders in this stamp set are adorable and the "Halloween" die cut sentiment has such a wonderful look to it...I combined these two sweet elements to make a Happy Halloween card...
 I die cut the sentiment, layered, glossy accented it, placed it on the orange panel, and marked on the orange paper with a pencil, under the letters in 3 spots where I wanted to hang a spider and it's string from.  I placed a piece of Eclipse tape ABOVE that pencil mark, so the spider's web string would not stamp any further than the pencil mark.  I used Versamark and stamped the web string with the small spider.  I then used silver embossing powder for the string, wiping away the silver from the small stamped spider.  I heated the strings and then stamped the LARGE spider in place of the already stamped versa marked spider, now in black.  I clear embossed each black spider.  I then took the large spider stamp, and stamped three of them on white paper with black ink and clear embossed (twice for a really embossed look) and then cut out and popped up over the stamped images.  Here's a little closer look at the shine and the popped up spiders...
The orange panel is popped up on the black card.  SO MUCH FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I love the simple design of this card, Lisa. It would be easy to make multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this card is is gender neutral and can be used for any age :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa