Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just a Love Note

TheCue Card this week at CASology is PAPER...
I thought of die cut flowers from newspaper, then tried making a flower with some paper twine I got on sale at Target the other day...neither seemed "right" for the challenge.  THEN...I remembered that I had purchased a notebook paper stamp from Verve a long time ago...had to go searching my craft room 3 times over before I realized I had already put it in a jewel case and labeled it...go figure...I amaze myself at my organization sometimes...just wish I had the memory to match:)!!  SO...I made my notebook paper, and couldn't figure what to do with it.  Tried it on a white card, red card, then with strips of paper, oh my...nothing seemed just right, but it popped on a black card, although, by itself...it just seemed a little lost!  I love white space(in this case black), but the one piece of notebook paper looked too lonely. You know what they say about 3's...so I thought to make a couple other pieces of notebook paper, left them blank,  and put them behind the main piece.  This is what I finally settled on...oh my the process of card making, sometimes:)!!...
I started by stamping the heart on a piece of white paper.  I then made a mask and covered the heart and stamped the notebook paper over the masked heart.  I then masked the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp set of the same name, and stamped the "JUST A NOTE" in black and then the "love" in pale tomato like the heart, clear embossing both.  I cut out the notebook paper and punched the holes out with a tiny hole punch.  Popped up just the main paper, the other two are simply adhered to the card.  Here's a close up of the heart and sentiment...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, I have that stamp and have never used it, you just gave me a reason. Thank you for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Love the little notebook pages, and I think the two blank ones are the perfect compliment to the focal point. Really like this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect take on the cue word, lisa!! love those cute little notebook pages... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, Your crafting process description sounds all too common to me!! I sometimes wonder why such a simple card takes me so long to figure but I guess it's the process that's the creative part!!
    The notebook pages do look awesome on the black, what a fun idea for the paper challenge :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa