Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fall is Coming!

I can't help but think...now August...Fall is on it's way!!!  Cooler weather and the leaves changing their color soon...cannot wait!!!  I used a new die from Simon Says Stamp, All Seasons Tree, and although I will have more cards using this die showcasing the other seasons, I just kept seeing Fall...
I die cut several trees from a dark brown bazzill paper that had texture.  I then die cut three more trees, one in orange, yellow and red rose colors.  I placed the desired pieces into two of the brown trees that I adhered together.  I die cut 8 separate leaves with a thin chipboard and with adhesive all over them, adhered them TO THE BACK of each leaf , so the colored pieces would have a base to adhere to.  Here's a pic of the back as I was putting the leaves onto the brown tree leaves (the chipboard is actually packaging from Puff kleenex packaging kraft on one side, print on the other...thus the color:)!)...
I then adhered the last dark brown tree on the back of all this for some added depth. The sentiment is also Simon Says Stamp!   My daughter asked, as I was making this card, why I was throwing away the remainder of the die cut brown trees paper...check back tomorrow to see what I did with it:):)!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    you creaated a beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ordered this die - Love the stained glass look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove Fall colours so this card is making me drool LOL! Great tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - lots of work and well worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful and ingenious card Lisa. YOU are the mother of invention! Thank you for all the details - you are sooo generous.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love those rich autumnal colours Lisa, you always wow me with your die cuts :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa