Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Berkshire Leaves

On to my next new Simon Says Stamp die from the Summer Release...the Berkshire Leaf Border outline die and it's background die....SO pretty!!  I love to experiment and try dies in different ways, so these are the first two cards of more to come, showing you how you can use this die...
 I die cut the outline border twice with Papertrey ink white paper, and used the bottom 3 of the 7 leaf die on the green card, and the top 3 leaves on the orange/mustard/red card, adhering the 2 layers together.  I then die cut the background leaf border die with glossy paper(stampin up) and sponged the bottom three leaves with old olive, certainly celery and always artichoke.  I like to put the lightest color in the middle to make sure it doesn't get lost on the card.  Here's a close up of the glossy look of the leaves...


The other card's leaves were sponged with pumpkin pie, more mustard and ruby red.   SO...two cards from one die.  I cut apart a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Inside and Out Sayings set, and stamped below each set of leaves, and clear embossed.  I popped the leaves up on card and rounded bottom corners.
Super CAS...but LOVE the white!!  I made these based on the CAS(E) this Sketch #33, the challenge this week, but just couldn't make the panel behind the image as in the sketch work...so these cards are missing a sketch element, so just made them for fun!!  You could make these 3 leaves and layout with different colors and sentiments...FUN!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so CAS beautiful! It sounds so funny, but I'm admiring all your white space! Gorgeous leaves. Thanks for the tip about putting the lightest color in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word : super!!!
    Groeten !neke

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are beautiful. So wonderfully CAS with lots of lovely white space! The dies are wonderful, and I love how you've used them. Love the sheen on the colors too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...love those sweet leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simplicity itself!!! I loooove this design Lisa and thanks for the tutorial in the following post too :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa