Friday, May 10, 2013

Less is More 118...Opposites on the Color Wheel

Thank ysou so much, Chrissie and Jen for showcasing my shaker card from last week's challenge ...I am so thrilled and honored with your recognition!!!
This week's challenge at Less is More is to use two colors opposite each other on the color wheel.  The two colors that shouted out at me were purple and yellow.  I RARELY use purple, so I thought I'd give these colors a go...
I remember seeing a card with cut out squares with rounded corners and was so taken, I asked how the artist did it...she said it was done by a Silhouette.  Ohhhhh...sigh.....I didn't have one (still don't), but just got some nesting dies from Avery Elle that are SQUARES WITH ROUNDED CORNERS!!!   I tried different patterned papers and such, but opted for super clean and simple... simply purple and yellow.  In the pic, the purple flower looks like a different colored purple...the purples are all the same....humm...maybe it's the yellow background?   The centers are punched out circles covered with glossy accents.  The yellow and purple are bazzill papers.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Love these colors together! You just made me want those dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Virginia! Love this clean, crisp design and the perfect sentiment! You certainly positioned your die perfectly to cut the four squares! Lovely card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. You've captured the color wheel opposites perfectly. Great sentiment to match! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I found you on Pinterest, or I should say a card by you that I loved. Have been stalking your blog for about an hour now, love your cards! I read your incedible story about your son too.
    And I was surprized when I read that you were born and raised in Buffalo, I live in North Tonawanda, New York. I use a picture of Niagara Falls on my header all the time, changing it for the different seasons! Will be back to visit, I am now following your blog.

    Hugs
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and those dies are awesome!

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card clean and simple

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your card Lisa.... Those dies are fabulous!!!
    That's living proof on how the proportions of colours affect how we see them...amazing the difference in the purple!!
    Happy Mother's Day to you my friend, I hope you enjoy a lovely day with your family :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had talked myself out of those dies, but after seeing your fabulous card, they are right back on my list!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa