Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wish Big

A really quick post this morning...15 young people coming for lunch in a couple hours and much to do:)!!  Made this card with a couple Papertrey Ink sets Stylish Sentiments: Birthdays and Birthday Style...
I had made these candles a week ago, and last night, finally found a way to use them.  The candles  were block color stamps, but I decided to give them stripes...and here's how I did it...
I versamarked the diagonal stamp from Mama Elephant's Basic Borders...
  Then I stamped the candle with the color...this one orange...
 THEN... I took the stamped candle and pressed it (gently and keeping it from moving) onto the versa marked diagonal stamp...
 And what happens is that the diagonal stamp pulls color from the orange stamped candle where the diagonals are....Please excuse the crooked stamping...it was late last night...and if I have ANY problems...it's getting the stamp perfectly positioned on the die cut...candle, flower, whatever....but just wanted you to get the idea.  Sometimes it's a deeper etched removal than others...go figure...
I stamped the candles with the sentiment and then stamped it on the panel, and put the candles on top.  It was soooooo hard to photograph...looks straight until you shoot a pic!  Added yellow rhinestones...thought they were perfect where the empty circles were.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
Will try to get an Inlinkz done tomorrow:)!!

8 comments:

  1. Cute!! Well done adding the stripes. Love the rhinestones in the candles for some sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the candles. Thanks for showing us how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius idea, Lisa, and beautiful result!! Thanks for sharing this new technique! Hope lunch was divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Lisa!!! Love those candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was a breath holding moment!! The stripes make so much difference and really bring the candles too life.... Not that they are alive, but you know what I mean :0) Lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just looooooooooooooove how you stamped the sentiment onto your candles as well. Just completes it. Love the rainbow colors Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for always including the "how to" for your projects. It takes extra time on your part and is much appreciated.

    Gorgeous card as always!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa