Monday, April 29, 2013

Wish Big Redo and a Yay!

Did you ever post a card and then later think, "Gee, I wish I hadn't done it the way I had ....I wish I hadn't posted that card!"?  I did that a few weeks back and then reposted it with the redo.  Well...the birthday card I posted yesterday looked great to me, but as I looked at it last night...wished I would have done it differently...so I did...here's my second version...I think I like it better...and it's WAY simpler and EASIER!!...
I used only 3 candles( Hero Arts Orange Soday, Stampin Up Lucky Limeade and Tempting Turquoise) and instead of using versa mark for the stripes with the Mama Elephant border, I stamped OVER the stamped candles with Color Box Frost White inked onto the diagonal striped border stamp....super simple and I think shows a bit better.  I also used the smallest yellow rhinestones on the candles rather than the middle sized ones....like them better, TOO!!  The pics of both these cards were taken at the same time...yet the first card shows a bit darker??  Go figure!
I also used another Papertrey ink Birthday sentiment from the Stylish Sentiments: Birthday's set and the Sketched Shapes to make this...
I don't know...just liked the triangles...was thinking about a flower, but looked like a pinwheel....so went with it and made the triangles into one...die cut triangles, stamped triangles and popped up panel...added a cut piece of black paper for the pinwheel stick and stick on dot for the center...this set is proving to be a LOT of FUN!!  Hoping I'll like this card tomorrow...or you might see another redo...LOL!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are fabulous. I liked your original candle card from yesterday well enough, but seeing this one, I do agree there is something there that is a little more appealing. And, your triangle pinwheel is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving them both :) The bling on the candles still makes me smile and that pinwheel is superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you show the redos!! I really liked the first card, but you are absolutely right...this one with three candles is better! And the pinwheel....how creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the remake!! And the pinwheel is a fabulous use of that set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit, I like the re-do. The font on the sentiment really stands out.
    Love the pinwheel card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both but I do favor the three candle one a bit also.
    I love how you did the pinwheel card too. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how these things bother us!! I do love the new layout with fewer candles :0)
    The pinwheel is fun too, another versatile set that I know we'll see lots more of :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa