Monday, April 22, 2013

Puffed Flowers

I was going through my saved cards  a while back and found a card with some cute flowers.  The only way I can describe them is "puffed"...and so I took out to find a way to make my flowers look puffed like them.  Simple card with simple layout...just fun!...
There is a subtle but fun "puff" to the flower petals...here's how I did it...

 Used  embossing tool (I think they are made for stencils...a friend used to stencil and when she gave me all her craft "stuff" there were a bunch of these in all different sized tips) with a large rounded tip and my Spellbinders embossing pad used with my Big Shot (my rubber pad is underneath the flower in these pics)...
 Gently but firmly rub the tool around the petal...it will begin to sink into the embossing pad...
 Turn it over and it will look like this...
Just thought it looked kind of cute compared to the flat version...
The punch is EK Success and the sentiment Hero Arts.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea. Will give this a go for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to shape flower petals too.... they do literally look like they'll pop off the card!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those and have forgotten all about it,lol, will have to get it out and play with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have this punch - one of me very first purchases, not used a lot, but will be! lol....fab idea, lovely CAS card, ...TFS hugs Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little dimension you gave to your flowers Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how much a little bit of dimension adds to a card?! I love your pretty puffed flowers -- and your CAS card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa