Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Less is More 116...Mother's Day

I made this card for the Less is More challenge 116...only mine was a slightly different take on the very cool technique by the amazing JJ Bolton, used on Chrissie's card.  We were to case her's or Jen's card.   I used multiple images (flowers) rather than one image.  I thought of all kinds of letter combinations for a needed card for my mom for Mother's Day, but in the end...just decided on simply "MOM"...
And yes...Flower Friend came out of it's envelope again...wanted yellow "daisies" for my mom, and these flowers were perfect!  I cased the technique, and although I know the card is filled with flowers and not much white space,  I apologize, Chrissie and Jen,  it is simply done?!  Here's a close up of the letters...
super fun...had done this technique a while ago...thanks for the chance to give it another go:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
EDIT....HEY....I just went to Less is More and Pat had a great idea to die cut the letters from the original  stamped panel and then use those letters to make the words on the card.  I will go a step further...and put Scor It tape behind those cut out letters...making it a bit sturdier in the back....THEN put the layered letters on top of that. I popped my panel up with foam dots...you could easily put foam on the scor tape behind those die cut letters.  Just a thought....and a GREAT ONE!!  While I was making my card, I thought  of that...just didn't think how to do it until I read Pat's post....thanks so much, Pat!!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bright and cheery card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing...what a lot of fabulous alignment!
    Wonderful Lisa!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just took the technique to the next level!!! Wow perfect stamping and just look at those yummy colours :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Mother's Day card...so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa