Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #24

I kept seeing candles and butterflies when I was thinking what to make with this week's CAS(E) this Sketch...but just got my Papertrey Ink order in the mail yesterday and found(what I thought) to be the perfect image to start the sketch(loving those arrows:)!!) and another Papertrey Ink set for the sentiment.  Here's the sketch and my card(the second card....well...I couldn't resist the butterfly!!)
 I stamped the arrow border with Hero Arts inks and used a Simon Says Stamp star die for the stars.  I cut apart the sentiment and put it on two lines, tucked in the "star"...it would have been WAY too long, otherwise...
 The black paper that I used for the stars was the new shimmer paper from Papertrey Ink.  Here's a close up...
 And then a butterfly with burlap (from Michael's).  I stamped, clear embossed, colored with Memento pink, stampin up pretty in pink and a brown Mark It marker for the butterfly.  Dotted the bottom of the exclamation point with a light pink rhinestone.  The butterfly is from Lawn Fawn, the sentiment from Hero Arts...love the simplicity!!...
Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Yeah for goodies! I love the rainbow of colors on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your cards as they pop in via my blog reader, you are easily one of my favorite card maker bloggers. Love your interpretation of this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just great. Isn't it fun to get a package of new goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning rainbow card! Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these - the rainbow colours are fresh against the drama of the black stars. And the texture of the burlap is a great addition to the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used that sketch Lisa. That butterfly is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fantastic! I love the bright colors and basic images on the first. The butterfly and the burlap is a fantastic combo - particularly in those soft colors. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa