Friday, April 12, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #23

Isn't it funny...don't know if it's that way with any of you, but sometimes I see a sketch and IMMEDIATELY think of something.  Sometimes I have to think and think and think some more, but I guess with my wonderful son-in-law's birthday next week and my other daughter's friend's birthday in early May, AND both being musicians...I had this in mind and NOTHING else would do(I may make another something different now that I've conquered this one) when I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketcthis week:).  Here's the sketch and my card...

I used some actual wood paper that I got at Michael's and put a piece of chipboard behind it.  I  made small slits at the ends to hold the wire straight and added glue dots to the back with the ends of the wires.  The wire is bead stringing wire....believe me when I tell you I got and tried almost every kind of silver thread or wire...this one worked the best, stayed the straightest....also from Michael's and is .024 in, .61 mm, in case you're wondering (did crimp at the ends with  needle nose pliers for a crisp fold over the back).  I stamped the black lines with Papertrey Ink's Background Basics Super Stripes and the sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Grunge Set, stamped with Stazon black.  Found out, too, that stamped ink was the only way to keep ink from spreading up the wood...markers would bleed....just saying.  The pick is real and hopefully will be able to be used by these amazing guys:)!!!  The insides will say "Happy Birthday".  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and thanks to the all the ladies at CAS(E) this Sketch...my card was a FAVORITE this week:)!!!  So honored!!!

28 comments:

  1. I love this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's creative genius that is.... I would never have seen a guitar in that sketch !!
    Love all the detail... real wire as well!
    Brilliant card Lisa :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. MY! Wow! This is soooo clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week! Love the black embossed background too - the perfect, simple background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC take on the sketch ~ oh so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...this is so very cool! I'm sure your son-in-law will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for a musician!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever! Great idea for musicians who play stringed instruments. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo!! You deserve to take a bow for this creative blockbuster! I L.O.V.E. it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY WORD!!! This is FABULOUS!! Brilliant and I wish I could see their faces when they see it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever card Lisa! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! What a great idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card and what an Idea!! I'm sure your son in law is going to feel very very 'special'
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I love this! What a great idea! It so totally works with the sketch. My brother plays guitar and he'd love something like this. What a wonderful card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cool card - LOVE it! Obviously was well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this card - my hubbie came up with two more sentiments - "I'd Pick You All Over Again" & "Don't fret, I'll be home soon!" - for me to use to CASE it for several cards for Operation Write Home!

    Thanks for sharing your tips what does and doesn't work - I'm eager to get started right away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome! They should love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME take on the sketch!! Love that glittery pick! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Lisa, this is...what's the word? Fantastic. Creative. Unique. Or in today's vernacular AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card rocks! As a guitar player myself, I would love to receive a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this card. My son (12 yo) has been learning to play guitar for about a year now and is in love. Pinning this card so I try to make something like it for him! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So creative - love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I am in awe of your creativity! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow!!! This card is stunning!!!! Thrilled you won!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I play guitar and I am a card maker.....GRRREEEEAAAATTTT card. Is the lack paper an embossing folder or did it come embossed?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry to have left that info out of my description, Jen...the card was embossed with the Papertrey Sunshine Impression Plate....thanks for asking:)!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa