Friday, November 9, 2012

Retro Squares...Too Much Fun!!

I got the Retro Squares dies by My Favorite Things, sat down to make a card, and couldn't stop!!  I STILL have more ideas...but here are 6 for now(My daughter said these cards looked like they belonged in the Brady Bunch show...I guess being "retro" squares...that's just about right...I just loved the fact that they are cool squares:):)!!)...
 Made with circles cut from Stampin Up Owl punch adhered in the middles of the squares and coated with some Glossy Accents...sentiment Hero Arts Essential Messages
 This one was made with the ENTIRE die(about 6" long) and some punched hearts from a Martha Stewart Heart punch with some scored lines.
This one made with a Papertrey Ink die and a Hero Arts sentiment from Baby set, and the same MS hearts.
This one was made with Papertrey Ink Simple Stripes impression plate run over all three blues in different directions and sentiment from same set as first two.
This one was made with design paper from Stampin Up and the same sentiment as the last one.
 This one didn't photgraph well, but made with 2 shiny papers from Michael's and a sentiment from Hampton Arts done in versamark with silver embossing powder and Taken with Teal ink.   The silver squares are bling from Michael's.  Here's a close up pic...
What a versatile die...and so much fun!!  Just so you know...I love the "layered look" so all the outside die cuts are tripled...the bottoms, just one layer...the hearts 3 layers and circles, too!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

19 comments:

  1. How fun! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun! Love them all, Lisa. :) ann y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you couldn't stop playing with this die! Each card has it's own distinct look and they're all AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique and love to see the play of colors in each card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh WOW, what a fabulous die and just love all the different ways you have used it. All fantastic cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers, Lisa! It's not wonder you couldn't put that die down. Every single one of this is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of your talent -- you have great vision! I wouldn't have given that die a second glance if it weren't for your generous sharing of your work. Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had that die in my radar for awhile now...you are making me fall fall fall Lisa!!! LOL...I love everything you created here~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually just admire your cards, but those cards are so gorgeous - I had to tell you that. You are just so talented!Your blog is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Way to rock that die! These cards are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE what you've done with this die. Prepare to be CASEd!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw your cards on OWH and had to come visit. These are fabulous. What a fun die and you did a great job with the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw your card on the OWH on FB and love how simple yet stunning they are. Love to make CAS cards and this gives me some new idea's. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh!! I love what you've done with this die! You're right…versatile, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesomely creative! Came here via the post on Operation Write Home-congrats on being featured there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing so much inspiration. Found your blog on OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific ideas…colorful, simple, easy!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa