Saturday, March 31, 2012

Play Date Cafe...Black and White with a Splash of Brown

I made a quick card for Play Date Cafe's Challenge 125...to make a card using Black and white with a splash of brown.  These were tough colors for me to think about putting together, but I thought of a silhouetted wheat stamp(Inkadinkado, Meadow) I have, and this is what I made:
 I stamped in black and then took my Vintage Photo Distress Stickles and covered the tops with it...rubbing it around a bit.  Up close, you can see the brown a bit better than the photo...
Layered on a piece of chipboard and added Hero Arts sentiment in black, as well.  The card measures
4" x 8"...perfect for a business sized envelope.
Have some other ideas running around in my head...will see if I can get to another card for this challenge before Tuesday night:)!!  Great fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Such simple elegance Lisa...I love how you inked the brown into the ears of the wheat :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is so lovely Lisa, perfect simplicity! Thanks for hangin' out with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply elegant and so perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stickles were perfect for this challenge. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely simpathy card. Beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa