Friday, June 24, 2011

One Layer Wednesday 59...A Single Daisy Hello

I made yet another card for One Layer Wednesday challenge 59...here, again, is the inspiration:
I used a retiring Stampin Up set (I LOVE this set) to make my single daisy:
I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and my static bag to stamp the petal 8 times with versamark and  emboss with white powder...each separately, though(it really didn't take that much time...really).  I tried very hard not to get any white powder on or near my petals or on the card, itself, but even with a static bag AND a paint brush to brush what I could see(with reading glasses on) I STILL had white dots on my card...go figure...I give up!!  But it looked pretty good,,,so I finished it with a sentiment from PTI and a corduroy brad from Stampin Up.
I went back and forth and forth and back trying to decide whether to add ribbon, score lines, a hand drawn frame...well, a number of things, but in the end decided to leave it with the flower and sentiment...I just liked it that way:)!! I hope it's ok...but I think I will put this one in the challenge with my other one:)!!  Thanks for looking, hope you have a great day:)!!

Things I used:
Stamps:  Stampin Up Pick a Petal, Papertrey Ink Friends Til the End
 Paper: kraft
Ink: Versamark
Extras: white embossing powder, stamp-a-ma-jig, SU corduroy brad

11 comments:

  1. I love this! Boy, you were brave to try embossing on 8 different flowers! I think I'm about to give up embossing, unless I only use clear embossing powder! Love the card!
    My Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lot of work!! but worth it. love the simpliicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks just perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is wonderful Lisa...I only picked this set up this afternoon with this challenge in mind:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! Don't worry about the white flecks LOL! They are stinkers at the best of times - don't ask me how I know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Lisa. Your embossing is great and that yellow center is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simplicity at its very best!! Love this bold flower - looks super and the corduroy button is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 25, 2011

    Wow! You rocked CAS this time! :) Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your card. Colors are outstanding. So simple and so elegant and a lot of work. You did great. Thanks for your comment on my card. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is fabulous Lisa, simplicity at it's finest, great job, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa